Friday, December 26, 2008

The ups and downs of 2008

Beginning of the year had struggles in my career and financial problems. The joy of working in the lab turned into a place which i detest most.
That period was the first time I felt so poor in my life, that even $1 meant a lot to me!

By mid march, I started my contract teaching at a primary school while waiting to enter NIE. It was a total new experience for me. The first week was scary as I had no experience with the kids. It was tough handling the playful kids.

Also wondered where could I go if I should decide not to take up teaching as my career.

5months passed in a wink of an eye and passed my observation. A new path has opened up for me and this time, everything seemed to flow nicely. I had successfully entered NIE. =) One big hurdle over.

I kinda enjoyed my time there though there were tons of assignments to do. Am also glad that I did well for my modules. =) The results gave me an affirmation that I could make it and am determined to try to go for the crossover degree program.

The nov and dec holidays had also been great as my time was meaningfully spent. Had less occurance of "emo periods" and more of busy yet happy moments. It was a time for me to earn and save up money for my living expenses if I ever make it to the degree program that is.

Relationship with dad and I seemed to be a little better. At least, he doesn't drink too much now and I am able to sleep better without being disturbed. Much more needs to be resolved and improve, and it shall get better in 2009.

Overall, the year had been a good one with a lot of opportunities. And I am also thankful for all my friends, with special thanks to ah boy (0f course! hee!), dory and bengbeng who are there to give me support and strength and make life worth living too!

Am looking forward to great things to happen in 2009 and wishall my friends a happy 2009!

No comments: