Sunday, March 29, 2009

Struggles

I am constantly struggling with the issue of dad's drinking.

It has come from a point from where I am concerned more about his health, to a point where I decided to wash my hands out of him. This is because all I get in return is empty promises, ignoring my calls. And most importantly, I am the only one bothered by it, not him. It is ultimately the person's decision and determination to take care of his health and not others that force him to do it.

There seems to be no solution to this problem. Sent email to talk about this issue, hoping to solve this problem. No replies and the solution is short term.

It appears to solve this problem quite easily since I reached a point where I don't care anymore but it is definitely not so!
His drinking habits caused him to vomit and this NOISE wakes me up in the middle of the night. I end up having to stay awake for a few hours at night, hoping to fall asleep fast. He doesn't have to wake up early to work, but I have to! I feel so tired and grumpy everyday, despite having to concentrate and do well in my studies (with part time job in the evening). I even have to suffer headaches due to lack of sleep! Its really a torture to me, I truly feel this way.

Perhaps, the solution is really to move out of the house. But I have my education to consider. I need to save as much as I can for my education and I WILL NOT allow money to be the factor that cause me not to be able to study. I'm sick and tired of listening to his promises of providing me money with education.

Its really sad that I always look up to him when I was younger and I loved him so much. Now its just reduced to frustrations.

I really want to settle this problem. But I no longer know what to do. I need help.

No comments: